Pin It button on image hover

Tuesday 31 May 2011

More shoes from Glenda

I thought it was about time I added some pictures of my shoes here as well.  Like Lesley, this is not normally a project I would tackle, but I enjoyed being able to play with trims and embellishments and surprised myself with what I did make.  I found heels too fiddly so just made mules!


This green shoe has a sole made from the Butterfly Bliss CD and the top is made from a zingy lime  card called Lustre card (a bit like mirri silk).  I wouldn't recommend it actually, it was difficult to bend into shape and had to be severely reinforced underneath with extra strong tape.  I stamped it with Abstract Flowers using purple StazOn and added a lavender sequin trim to it.  The bow is a piece of organza threaded through a copper buckle.


This one uses a paper from the neutrals collection on the Essence of Nature CD and the top has been stamped with a flower from Doodle Butterfly.  The white trim was something I've had for ages and never used (sound familiar?)


This one was actually the first I made and I even got the needle and thread out to sew the ruffled ribbon!  I used a flocked paper that I'd saved from a birthday present and stamped plain card with an ornate leaf design from the Breath of Spring stamp set.  I used a chalk ink that was very similar to the colour of the card, so you can hardly see the stamping.  I added a glitzy ribbon trim all the way round the sole and finished with layered Prima flowers.

I would love to see what artful shoes you can come up with - we have a free shoe template available on the website, so why not give it a go?

Leave a link to your creation here in the comments and if you use Chocolate Baroque products, we may even feature it here on the blog!

6 comments:

  1. More beautiful shoes. I must say making shoes isn't something I would do voluntarily but I might just have a go later for fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, beautiful. Specially the firts Art-shoe. Love it very much. And so different, gorgeous.
    Gr. Marja

    ReplyDelete
  3. The last is just luscious & my mind is racing already - a few things on the "to do" list then I can have a play!! Thanks for the template & the inspiration too - I'd not have thought of actually doing it though I have a very old template somewhere but I really LIKE these - there's a WOW factor & versatility about this template that my old unused one lacks (perhaps that explains why it remains unused).
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Glenda, wow the last shoe is really 'Chocolat Baroque'! So beautiful, great job! greetz, Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Glenda love them all but my name is on the bottom one it is beautiful. Thanks for the template can't wait to have a play. Suexxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning Glenda and Thanks for the template.
    Chris x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!