Pin It button on image hover

Monday 27 June 2011

Carousel Horses by Debbie

This card is from the new stamps set Carousel Horses.


When I recieve new stamps for samples I usually stamp them with black ink and have them sitting on the work top in my craft room. I make notes and jot down any ideas I have. I couldn't wait and started applying colour immediately. This horse is stamped with black ink and embossed with clear powder. I coloured with Copic pens. Starting with light shades and adding colour for shading.


The backing was made by stamping and embossing with silver powder so not to take away the focus from the main image. I distressed with Tumbled Glass and Spun Sugar. A couple of ribbon strands attatched with a brad to finish it off.


When I stamped the horses I fell in love with them. They reminded me of a past holiday in Euro Disney with the family.


This is one of five horses and there is a length of fabulous bunting on the stamp plate.  Click on the image for a close up.


Debbie

9 comments:

  1. Super horse and I love the colours you've chosen. Something else for my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card Debbie and the lovely colours you have used. Love the one on the Newsletter as well. Suexxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card and beautiful colour scheme. Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marvelous card. Beautiful SStamp and colours. love it.
    Gr. Marja

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a different stamp set & it's exciting to see a sample using it. Love the ice cream background & the really stunning horse. The ribbon embellishment really picks up on the carousel pole decorations effectively.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant card and it is interesting to see how you and Glenda have created a similar background. The ribbons are a wonderful finishing touch.
    Debby.

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous card. Fab colouring.

    Paula x x x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!