Pin It button on image hover

Friday 5 August 2011

Krafty cottage (posted by Elaine)

Here is another card from me using the gorgeous Home Sweet Home stamps.

I stamped the main cottage image on kraft card in black archival ink and coloured the image using Coloursoft pencils, blended with Sansador. I inked the edges with my favourite Vintage Photo Distress Ink. I cut the image into an oval with nesties and mounted on a brown complementing scalloped oval and mounted it onto a kraft card panel. I added die cut flowers from a book page (Tim Holtz Tattered Florals) inked with Fired Brick DI and brown Crealies leaves.  Finally I added the sentiment on a nestie ribbon tag and mounted it on cream and black ribbon, before matting and layering a couple of times. I made this as a New Home card, but it could be mounted in a frame as well.

I hope you are enjoying the different ideas from the team this week.

Elaine

6 comments:

  1. Hi Elaine good morning, a lovely card with my favourite paper to work on! Beautiful coloured! Wishing you sunshine and a fine weekend, warm greetz, Mirandax

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful Elaine and using so many of my favourite things - kraft, printed paper flowers, those leaves and of course the great house stamp. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really beautiful.Lovely warm and cosy looking colours. Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the mixture of black & browns with the rich oranges & the kraft. The gingham ribbon is a lovely touch with the cream toning the black down. Just a real stunner.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful mix of colours. This is a lovely card. It is somehow warm and reassuring. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Elaine
    Lovely card. This set of stamps is definitely on my wish list.
    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!