Pin It button on image hover

Thursday 17 November 2011

Woodland Dreams tag card

It's been a while since I posted any of my own artwork here, so here's a simple birthday card which I've made two weeks before I actually need to send it - unheard of! 

I used a kraft tag and stamped the tree from Woodland Dreams with Memento inks and coloured with Prismacolour pencils.  I added some shading around the edge of the tag then mounted onto a piece of card which I had previously used to cut out a Nestability shape.  I liked the curved edge, so centred the tag on it and trimmed it to fit.  It's matted onto a lime green layer and stuck onto an 8x8inch card with backing papers from the Essence of Nature CD.  The sentiment is from Craftwork Cards and the gold leaves are cut with a Crealies shapes die.

I love the combination of chocolate and lime, but then I love chocolate with anything really!

9 comments:

  1. I have to confess to a similar weakness for lime with brown - love the way you've temepered the lime green by using the darker green ribbon & the way the asymmetrical shape of your image mount inverts the mound the trees are on.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous and what a great colour scheme - chocolate limes yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful card Glenda and I love the chocolate and lime colours but like you I love chocolate with most things

    Hugs Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab colours, and love the way the tree stamp echoes the paper from the Essence of nature CD.
    Sorry i don't get to comment as often as I would like, time just runs away with me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so beautiful, I love these trees & the colours are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous these lime and brown colors Glenda. Beautiful card. And I love these trees.
    Lovely greet Marja

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really love this Glenda and the colour choice is wonderful. Love this stamp set. Suexxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Glenda, lovely card and a smashing colourcombi! Wouldn't it be nice to have chocolates filled with lemon curd? Mmmmmm.....jammie, greetz Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card Glenda - you would think the stampas and paper were designed to go together(lol)
    Coloyrs are great- chocolate with everything

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!