Pin It button on image hover

Tuesday 3 July 2012

Poppy Fields (posted by Claire)

Hi, Claire here with the first on my samples using the newly launched Pretty Poppies stamps, I'm sure you're going to love these stamps as it  has the most beautiful images and sentiments.


I've used an 8x8 card blank, red and white card stock for matting and layering and some lace from my stash. The backing paper is from the Decadent Brocade CD

I made the focal image using panpastels and distress markers. I began by creating the background scene with ultramarine blue tint and rubbed out a cloud shape using a pencil eraser. I used paynes grey and tiny bit of yellow and magenta panpastels to give the cloud a bit of dimension. I used torn copier paper to mask off the hills and used shades of green panpastels to create the hills. 

As PanPastels can be erased I just stamped the poppies over the background and rubbed out the colour. I used distress markers to add colour to the beautiful poppies.

Don't forget to keep checking back as all the team have come up with some really beautiful projects  with the new stamps. 
Thanks for popping by
Claire xx

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Claire and lovely poppies. Like them very much.
    Lovely greet
    Marja

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic Claire just love thos Poppies and love the way you have used the Pan Pastels. Suexxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous card, love the poppy fields effect

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the texture on those poppies & the way you've brought it out with the matted layers of red patterned paper. The lace is a glorious touch & I have to say your clouds leave me speechless.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful! Your Pan Pastel background is amazing! Just received my Pretty Poppies this morning & can't wait to use them. Gorgeous set.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous Claire, I love the new Poppies and especially the background you've created.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eine schöne Karte und die Farben sind perfekt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG, what a beauty!!
    This is what stamping is all about.
    Simply love it.
    Groetjes Gery

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, I just love poppies and have ordered this stamp set this week.Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow a stunning creation it's fabulous and so lovely to look at. stamping at it's best x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so gorgeous! How did you make the clouds look so realistic? Everything about this card screams, "BEAUTIFUL"!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This card is beautiful,I love the background you have created and I love those poppies

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!