Pin It button on image hover

Thursday 27 September 2012

Lantern Easel Card (posted by Claire)

Good morning, Claire here again with a little easel card using one of the clear stamps from 'Chinese Lanterns'
'
I made a little shaped easel card using nestabilities and cut an aperture in the top part of the easel to hold the focal image which is stamped on vellum. I embossed the lantern from the reverse with a ball tool and added a little colour with coloursoft pencils. The sentiment and frame are  from 'Best Relative Ever'. stamped with versamark and embossed with WOW gold detail EP, I used a gold krylon pen around the edges. Glenda has the Krylon pens on offer at the minute (have a look here in special offers)

To prop the easel up I used the die cut shape from cutting out the aperture and added some of the lovely cherry blossoms from Chocolate Baroque and some paper roses. Here's another photo showing the side view, I've popped a little battery tea light in to shine through the lantern


Thanks for popping by
I hope you're enjoying the new clear stamps as much as I am
Claire xx


6 comments:

  1. This is beautifully effective & so elegant - the little splashes of pinky red with the flowers are perfect & I love the way the white flowers pick up on the vellum.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely Claire what a great idea and I also love the chocolate and cherry colours

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty and distinctive. I love the backlighting idea.
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card Claire real inspiration.

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really elegant! I love it! Don't you just love those little battery operated tea lights? Hugs, Clare

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!