Pin It button on image hover

Monday 5 November 2012

Zentangle Flower (posted by Claire)

Hi there, Claire here with a card made using the new Tangled Garden stamps and my first proper attempt at zentangling too.


I stamped the flower 3 times and cut out the layers to decoupage the flower. I also stamped and cut out some leaves. The card was very simple to make I took a square of white card and drew a border around the edges and then spent a happy hour zentangling in the border. I then added dots around the border (I have to confess that I'm a very messy crafter and had got a couple of spodges on the nice white card so I added the dots to camouflage my little mistakes. I quite like the effect so perhaps it was a happy accident)

I used black card to mat my zentangle border and then added the flower and leaves with silicone glue. I also stamped the sentiment which is from the clear stamp set 'Best Relative Ever'.
To finish off I added some dotty black and white ribbon.

Thanks for visiting today. I hope you're getting lots of ideas for all this months new stamps
Claire xx

6 comments:

  1. WOW Claire this is sooo beautiful. I love Zentagle too. But your flower is marvelous work.
    Lovley greet
    Marja

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smashing effect - love the card

    KAthyk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delightful to see your tangled borders & it looks brilliant with the dotting - definitely a happy accident that one for the black dots on white echo the polka dot ribbon in reverse as it were. the layering adds a lovely touch too.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is wonderful, Claire! I don't know where your "booboo" is, but your spots and speckles are quite nice! Love it! Hugs, Clare xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy accidents are usually good, lovely card
    Happy craftin
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!