Pin It button on image hover

Tuesday 26 February 2013

Home (posted by Elaine)

As soon as I saw the lovely landscape edges stamps, I knew I wanted to try another masked sunburst landscape. I combined the sky, birds and wall clear stamps with a house and sentiment from the Home Sweet Home set.

I coloured the sky with Adirondack Sunshine Yellow dye ink and Spiced Marmalade Distress ink, using the sunrays of the stamped image to guide my masking of each section with post it notes. I coloured the other images with Prismacolour pencils. I die cut the border in black backed with orange to give a good contrast to the main image.

I can see great potential with these landscape stamps for myfavourite style of  ink shaded cards.

Elaine x

5 comments:

  1. stunning card Elaine, love the contrast of the black and orange, really art deco x Lavinia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this card is very striking!! Love the sun burst.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fantastic amalgamation of stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really spring Elsine. So beautiful scene and great colors.
    lovely greet
    Marja

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent combination of the new edges stamps and the older Home Sweet Home set and I love the dramatic contrast of black and orange. Your sunray technique is fabulous Elaine.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!