Pin It button on image hover

Monday 29 July 2013

Fancy Flower and Mixed Media (by Shirley)

Hello everyone, I hope you are enjoying the summer. 

I have a design today using a little mixed media along with another flower from the beautiful Fancy Flower set along with a fragment from Lace Fragments. .


I started with a sheet from the Leafy Brocade Printable set and glued it to water colour paper with Modge Podge.   I love the printable sheets, the designs are beautiful and you don't have to store paper, just simply print when you would like one.

Next I added a thin layer of Gesso and when dry I coloured in blotches with Neocolour II crayons (water soluble).   I spritzed water over top and let the colours run together.   I stamped the images with Teal Blue Stazon Ink (permanent water proof ink)  I coloured the flower with Tombow markers and blended with a brush & water.  I outlined with a water based Sharpie paint pen.   I added stickles to the center of the flower.    The sentiment is from Words of Gratitude

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day,
Shirley

2 comments:

  1. The use of that gold key with the golden ribbon plus the glow around the fancy flower is so effective & I love the way your lace fragments border echoes the fancy flower too. The whitework is picked up beautifully byt eh white polka dots on the ribbon.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Surprisingly elegant with these bright colours! Greetings,Gerrina

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!