Pin It button on image hover

Tuesday 20 August 2013

Christmas cards, batch style (posted by Judith)

Hi folks, I have a couple of quick cards to show you today. I am always in a hurry as Christmas is approaching to get all of my cards made, and these new Big Backgrounds are just perfect for batch making. My first card uses the Poinsettia background stamp. I have created a background using alcohol inks, and then stamped onto the card using a dark green archival inkpad. The background was so pretty that I didn't want to add anything to the flowers themselves, apart from a few beads in the centres. I stamped a sentiment from the Gothic Angels stamp sheet, and placed this onto a piece of red satin ribbon across the card. This card was made very quickly, and could easily be made in batches.





My second card uses the Snowflake Shadow Big Background stamp.I have embossed the background using clear embossing powder, and then blended three different colour blue Distress Inks over the background. I have added a sentiment from the Pears and Baubles stamp sheet. I die cut a Crealie open flower which looks just like a snowflake when you cut it with white card, and matches the stamp very well. Some organza ribbon and a large gem finish the card.





So, I am well on my way with my Christmas cards, several more to go, but these stamps have got me in the mood to make some batches of cards. I hope that I have inspired you to have a go as well. Thanks for stopping by, Judith xx

5 comments:

  1. such pretty cards. I think I will have to invest in a couple of these stamps before christmas because I can see they will be so useful for making batch cards as you have said x Lavinia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards Judith and perfect for batch making

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what great crads! Started this morning with the first X-mascards and will for sure use the colourcombi on your first card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the new big backgrounds, and you've used them well on these two! Very nice! Clare xo :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The use of the deep green for stamping the poinsettias is so effective - especially with the way those beads echo the yellow tones of your background. Super touch using a red card base with the red ribbon. I love snowflakes & this is a lovely example of how to use the blue distress inks to really set the snowflakes off. Incredible that the die-cut echoes elements of the stamped images too & I love the way that single gem picks up the two snowflake centres bottom left & top right.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!