Pin It button on image hover

Thursday 22 August 2013

Christmas in the Air, Yes, Already! (posted by Clare)

Hello, Friends!  I am so excited about the new Chocolate Baroque Christmas Stamps!  They are absolutely gorgeous!  I've combined some of the new stamps with older ones, to create a couple of cards. 

For the background on this card, I used the new Big Bold Background Holly stamp, and when I say big, I mean BIG!  These new backgrounds are a huge 5" by 5", with lots of varying surface details!  I stamped the Holly background with an olive green ink onto white cardstock, then shaded the leaves and berries with green and red 3-D stamp paint.  It's a new product that I found at a craft convention, and it's just amazing what it does!  I used a sponge dauber to apply this creamy, sparkly paint, which dries almost instantly.  I used a new die to cut the red, green and white lattice layers, and the sentiment tag.  "Yuletide Greetings" is from the new Chocolate Baroque Christmas set, Gothic Angels.  I re-stamped a few of the holly leaves, cut them out, then layered them at the bottom of the tag, with three red berries (red pearls).

















Big Bold Background Holly Unmounted Single Rubber stampGothic Angels Unmounted Rubber stamp sheet - A4
This next card looks so elegant but was a very easy one to do.  Again, I used shades of teal ink, and gold 3-D stamp paint applied with a sponge dauber to create an old-timey look.  It adds such a sheen!  I used stamps from the Gothic Angels set, some printed paper, and a tree stamp from the Christmas Flourish set, shown below.  I heat embossed the larger script stamp image, and the tree in gold.



Christmas Flourish Unmounted Rubber Stamp Sheet - A4
I hope you will see all of the other "delicious" creations that my talented design team-mates have created!  Thanks for visiting!

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards. I love the colours on the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Striking both but I especially like your unusual colours of the second one & your super treatment of that tree from Christmas Flourish.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Chris! Thank you for your kind words, and I will stop by your blog to see what you create!
    Clare :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!