Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday 4 September 2013

Blue Halloween (posted by Judith)

Hi Folks, I have a monochrome sample for you today, using the Bewitched Moonlight stamp sheet.

I created a wrinkle free background using Salty Ocean and Antique Linen Distress Inks on my craft sheet spritzed with water, which I swiped my card through and dried with a heat gun. I then picked up some of the remaining speckles of ink, and dried my card again.On the smaller piece of card, I stamped the witches hat randomly over the background for added interest.

I used a large oval and stamped one of the little scenes from the stamp plate and added the witch. I coloured the image with Inktense pencils, using just blue tones and a hint of lemon for the moon. I added some shading around the edge with Distress Inks. I used a smaller oval for the inside of the card and a sentiment from the Witching Time stamp sheet.





Keep checking back for more samples from my Team mates soon. Thanks for stopping by, Judith xx

5 comments:

  1. A great Halloween card - love the background effect and of course the images.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great card for Halloween and I love that background

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it. Fab background & the little, blue mushrooms are very cute..

    ReplyDelete
  4. The background is superb with your combianation of colours & I love the way the mushroom caps echo the bright blue & the moon the soft yellow tones. Edgint eh large oval with the deep blue has framed it beautifully & I love the unusual colours for Halloween. Great fun.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!