Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday 27 November 2013

Winter Fairy and Snow (by Shirley)

Hello everyone

I have a design today featuring a fairy from the new Winter Fairy Collection and it's starting to snow on her.   I guess fairies don't need warm clothing :)  


The beautiful fairy is from January Fairy and the tree is from February Fairy.   I also used the snowflake edge from Winter Edges.  I love how Chocolate Baroque's beautiful stamp sets work so well together.   The designer is very talented. 

I used blue design paper from my stash that actually has a wood grain pattern, but I liked the colour for the sky.   I did all the stamping with Rich Cocoa Memento Dye Ink and colouring with Prisma Pencils.  I masked the fairy before stamping the trees and 'ground'.    I stamped the bottom part of the snowflake edge on the ground and coloured it in.   I used puff paint for the snow.

Thanks for visiting and have a great day
Shirley

7 comments:

  1. A really pretty card Shirley, I love the brown ink on the blue background. The trees work perfectly around the fairy - the colour of her tunic is so vibrant. Really like the touches of puff paint too on the trees and snowflakes, although it makes me feel lke the fairy needs a wrap!!! Great composition. Have a good day, Elaine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card and love the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In my mind this just has to be a wood nymph so your woodgrain paper fits perfectly. As Elaine has already said the brown & blue-aqua background are made for one another. Again your matting & edging of the whole piece reflects this - the white mat picks up the snow beautifully & I love the hint of sparkle on her wings - the translucent effect those wings have is incredible. The touches of green colouring on those trees adds so much to the whole & she really looks like she's sitting in/on a soft mound of moss. Maybe I've stepped into C S Lewis' Narnia!
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card looks so beautifully wintry. The dark silhouette type background has the look of a hilltop at sunset and makes the fairy a lovely focal point. She is perfectly coloured in that gorgeous green.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work from everybody here... Thanks for the inspiration with these beautiful stamps :-)
    Your card is gorgeous !! Coco x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!