Pin It button on image hover

Tuesday 8 April 2014

Springtime Moon (by Asha)

Good morning, folks! I'm back with another look at the lovely April release stamps. I have 2 cards to show you.

The first is an exotic birthday card featuring a floral stamp the Springtime Edges set.  I used Memento Inks to colour this card. First, I did a colour wash on heavy weight watercolour paper, building layers of colours on the night sky and dessert. Next I fussy cut the Moghul Palace from the Indian Textiles set, and adhered it on the horizon. Finally, a row of exotic flowers from the Springtime Edges set, also coloured with Memento Inks, then fussy cut and adhered to the foreground.

Here's a close-up of the Springtime Edges. These stamps are so versatile, you don't have to limit yourself to just spring projects.

*********

For my second card, we're moving from night to dawn. I'm featuring a tree from the Patchwork Landscape set. My colouring mediums of choice for this project are Tim Holtz Distress Inks and watercolour pencils.

First, I stamped the tree from Patchwork Landscape, with VersaFine Black Onyx. Then I worked on the background by blending various coordinating Tim Holtz Distress Inks for the sky and grass. The greeting is from the Patchwork Landscape set, stamped with VersaFine Majestic Blue.

Here's a closer look. I masked out the moon before blending, of course! And then applied some watercolour pencils on the patchwork treetops. Whimsical and so much fun to colour!

I hope you've been inspired to ink up your new April release stamps! Watch out for more great ideas from the rest of the Design Team.

Beijinhos,
Asha

17 comments:

  1. Two beautiful cards..I'm waiting for the arrival of these edges stamps.. Absolutely gorgeous, Px

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two great cards Asha. I love the way you have used the flower edge with the Indian Textile stamps and given such an exotic feel with lovely colouring. The second card is also beautifully coloured. The blue in the tree gives a great contrast. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. two beauties Asha - really stunning cards! Big hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two stunning cards Asha, I really love the way the flowers seem to pop right off of the page in the first.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are both so lovely & yet so different, Asha; I do love a moonscape! Just GORGEOUS!!!
    all the best, Liz M x

    ReplyDelete
  6. The light behind the Moghul Palace is a lovely feature & so so effective & I love the sense of perspective you created with the flowers in the foreground. That's some colouring with the Memento inks & so effective with the brilliant orange & green against the black & the blues.
    In the second it's your use of the deep blue around the edge & for stamping the sentiment, both of which bring out the deep dark blue tones of that sky. The moon really glows with the softened inking surrounding it.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two gorgeous cards, I really love the first one in particular!! Coco x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both of these cards are so different but equally lovely. The colours in the first one are really striking, and beautifully coloured with the inks. The Moghul Palace from the Indian Textiles set makes a wonderful centrepiece, and you chose those nice bold flowers from the Springtime Edges set and used that wonderful orange which is the perfect complementary colour to the dark blue. The second card is much softer but the colours work perfectly together. That Patchwork Landscape tree is such a good size that the sentiment and the pretty two toned background is sufficient to make a lovely card. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both cards are lovely and both are so different. I really enjoy the completely different looks you've created.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW these are stunning! I so love the backgrounds you have created and beautiful stamps too.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Asha, your cards are just stunning, I love the beautifull flower border and the beautifull tree you made!!

    >Greetings
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  12. They are both stunners Asha. Really, really like the contrast on the first one. You have really shown the versatility of these stamps. Beautiful colouring and blending on the second. Lovely inspiration. tfs.
    Florence xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Two very different cards I love them both they are fabulous
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful cards, I especially like the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Both of these are beautiful Asha. I especially love the second which will be no surprise given my love of pink. Both are beautiful and show these stamps off perfectly Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous cards! I am in awe of that first card and the amazing colors!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've certainly been inspired by both your cards Asha, they are beautiful. Ver different but equally superb x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!