Pin It button on image hover

Monday 23 June 2014

Just a Note (by Shirley)

Hello everyone, I hope you had a great weekend.

I have two more designs today using the beautiful Harebell Butterfly and Briar Rose Butterfly sets.


I created the above background by blending Distress Inks and then flicking a little water over top.   The image from Harebell Butterfly was stamped with Coffee Archival Ink and coloured with Prisma pencils.  I stamped it a second time, decoupaged the butterfly, added stickles and poped it up.  I also outlined the sun with a white pen.   

I also have a CAS style design to show you:


The background  above was created by using a circle cut into card stock and sponging Distress Inks over top.  I stamped with a fragment from Texture Fragments.   After removing the 'mask' I stamped the image from Briar Rose Butterfly with Cobalt Archival ink and coloured with Prisma Pencils.  The sentiment is from Mackintosh Sentiments.

Thanks for your visits and have a great day,
Shirley

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful work as always Shirley. Especially like the background in the circle on the second one.
    Have a great week everyone.
    Flo xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards Shirley, I really like the sponged circle idea on the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are lovely Shirley as always and I love the background on the second card it looks so effective
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scrumptious cards. I love the colour scheme in the first card and the background in the second is great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are beautiful, love the stamps and colour schemes.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are beautiful, love the stamps and colour schemes.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two really beautiful cards. I love that S/B die cut framing the harebells so prettily, and that 3D butterfly, whilst the second CAS card is so elegant, and the briar rose image in that deep pink contrasts perfectly with that gorgeous peacock blue. I must get those texture fragments as they are perfect for any background. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two great cards! Love the sun and colours at the first and the BG of the second fits so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both of these cards are great. I love the bright blue and yellow of card one and the simplicity of the second card. The way you used a colored circle and then the image is great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow great samples Shirley , I love them both!!!

    Greetings
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  11. The second is my favourite with the way you have matted the image panel so as to bring out the blues & the greens. I love the way your purple flowers & butterfly provide another colour leaning towards the warm reds. In the first it is your matting again which makes the whole design so powerful - the lacey edging of the die-cut frame really echoes the markings of the butterfly's wings superbly.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Two lovely cards, I like the circle behind the second image

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!