Pin It button on image hover

Tuesday 5 August 2014

Thistle Butterflies (by Debbie)

My cards are made using the same stamp from the new Thistle Butterfly stamps set.
I love the size of this stamps and it fits beautifully on a 6 inch square card.
I spotted a few crafters have been using Brusho which I've used many times as a watercolour for backgrounds. I love the technique of dropping it onto pre wet card and watching the colour spread.
 
 
 
 
 
 I had a great afternoon playing  making many backgrounds and stamping over them.
For the first card I used turquoise and the colour split into blues, greens and yellows.
The second card colours are emerald green and ultramarine.
 

 
 
Different effects can be obtained by differing the amounts of water added.
 For the second I spritzed with water when the granules had been sprinkled for a
more watercolour effect.
 
Many thanks for stopping by
 
Debbie

14 comments:

  1. really love the first one Debbie - will have to try just the one colour brusho, addictive isn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FABULOUS - I have a set on order and can't wait for them to arrive! I've been seeing brusho work appearing all over blogland recently, it's very on trend!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely. I must give it a try

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this quick to make great impression cards! So beautiful both!

    ReplyDelete
  5. these really are gorgeous Debbie - beautiful makes - right up my street! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So stylish. My type of card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty cards. I love how you didn't overdo the color and left the images just stamped. Never heard of brusho? Curious about what that is.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These Brusho backgrounds are so pretty and work well with this stamp. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two really stunning cards and I love how you have used the Brusho too. The stamps are still the 'star' but the backgrounds are gorgeous. I'm trying very hard to convince myself that I don't need any more watercolour paints but you've made it a much more tempting lol! Thanks for sharing Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two pretty cards, I've recently got my brushy out and started to use it, I bought it a few years ago and it's sat in the cupboard most of the time but I amd learning how to use it and love the effect it gives for backgrounds.
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fascinating to see two such different effects using the Brusho - I hadn't realised it would split but that's given a gorgeous feel to your first sample, a bit like an Impressionist landscape. The sense of sky & grass on a summery blustery day on the second is very atmospheric too.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Two very pretty cards and love the backgrounds you have created which showcases the stamps brilliantly.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness . It looks like I may have to buy these watercolor paints . .just beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful designs Debbie. Very unique and creative. Fab technique. tfs.
    Flo xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!