Pin It button on image hover

Saturday 13 September 2014

A Christmas Plaque by (Doreen)

Hello to you all, I am sharing another couple of samples made from the new stamps that have just been released for September  I have made a plaque using one of the stamps from the "Santa Baby"stamp sheet
I first gave this a coat of gesso, when dry gave a thin coat of red and white acrylics leaving it white where I wanted to place my stamp... The image has then been coloured with Distress inks. I then stamped the sentiment from the Christmas Sentiments set and bauble and coloured this,Last of all I edged the plaque with white acrylic to frame it.xxx


I have also made a card using the Christmas tree from the Santa Baby stamp sheet 
I first of all stamped both the tree and sentiment with Versamark onto blue coredinations card and gold embossed them both. 
They were then matted onto gold card and mounted onto my backing card which was made using a Gelly Plate,I finished off with a bow made of twine.

8 comments:

  1. Fabulous Christmas plaque. Love it!! Beautiful card - great stamping and embossing.
    Flo xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the embossing on the card. Mine never turns out right

    ReplyDelete
  3. The embossing on that textured card has turned out beautifully. I always seem to get gaps when the card is textured.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both gorgeous creations, thanks for the further xmas inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous card and plaque, I love the texture on that plaque
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super backgrounds; love the grungy style!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting combination of images for your plaque & a rather different idea too - the white acrylic edging paint is rather reminiscent of snow. The gold & blue is rather different & luxurious in appearance - I like the rustic twine bow with it's ripple texture echoing the ripply gelli printed background.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your samples Doreen, especially the blue one, very pretty and original!! Super!!

    Greetings
    Maria

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!