Pin It button on image hover

Monday 22 December 2014

In the dark deep sea......and some CAS cards....by Miranda



Hi there,

Today my last creations of this batch made with the Steampunk sheets.  And again I've used both sheets, Steampunk Funk fish and Steampunk Sea world. In the right bottom corner you can see a fragment of the Seaside dreams. The sentiment is also from that sheet.
I've used one of my many already finished backgrounds waiting to be stamped on.......This is a very dark one, made with fluid inks( like Ecoline) and some silver spatters.......you can see that in the close-up. I've stamped the images with Versafine black and coloured them with my pencils. I did take photos in the evening with artificial light because you can better see the lovely shimmer in the background but also of the metallic Pan Pastels on black and the gold embossing of the gears.




Than I've embossed some black card using an embossing folder with a gear pattern. First I pressed the embossed pieces into my Versamark pad and than I' ve added several Metallic Pan Pastels over it.   And also some hints of blue and purple Pan Pastel to reflect the colors of the background and the card. I also die cut some gears and did some triple embossing with clear and gold embossing powder. I had a tiny left over piece of the embossed paper and used it to create a small card. I've embossed the gear with several embossing powders. And the sentiment is from the Mackintosh sentiments.





Of course it's also possible to create a simple but effective card with these stamps. So onto the clean and simple style now.............I always admire cards with a lot of white space but somehow I can't often manage to left some white space LOL so that's a challenge for me.
I will show you some possibilities........

These cards are made using the colors of the 6th colourchallenge. You can see my other cards on the CB color challengeblog. These cards are very easy and quick to make, lots of white space(very difficult for me) but sometimes you need to create something different and I enjoyed it too!

I die cut a circle template and sponged with several Distress inks, spattered some waterdrops and after drying I stamped the seahorses with Versafine black and gave some accents with the Wink of Stella brush markers. Only added a lovely swirl from the Artistic Expressions. The text is from the Artistic affirmations. I layered the white card on a black one and voila finished!



the sparkly effect of the clear Wink of Stella marker.......


On the next card I used masking tape to create my working area. I only swiped some diagonal strokes with Distress paints and spattered with water. After drying I stamped the steampunk ship with Versafine black and again some accents with the Wink of Stella marker and a white belly pen. I've combined it with some steampunk flowers from ' Punky flowers'. The gears are coloured with the silver Wink of Stella marker.


The Wink of Stella markers have a beautiful sparkly shine which shows best in sunlight and halogen light. I use them often........ At both cards I used a black fineliner(005) to outline the coloured area.


Well hope to have inspired you with these simple and quick cards. Thanks for visiting and I always enjoy to read your comments. 
Wishing you all joyful days and till next time!


13 comments:

  1. The wink of stellar does bring a touch of magic to these lovely creations.....wonder if I can add to my Santa list?

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure he will be fine with that Sally! Twinkle McJingles(it's my elf name LOL)

      Delete
  2. Wow, what a great group of cards. I really like your first one. It's so rich in colour and so detailed. Always love your work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're all fabulous, I especially like the ones with the Mackintosh Sentiments - could that be 'cos my name is Joanna Mackintosh I wonder ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful and so creative Miranda . Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your first creation is very magical indeed with all the shimmeriness - it's that kind of iridescence you can often see underwater; the dark background works so well for, after all, it is dark beneath the sea. Your second sample has incredible movement in it - from that embossed cog on the panel down to the die cut cog which then connects with the sentiment which itself then 'points' or moves further across both as one reads the sentiment & the eye follows the pointed end. Your CAS cards are my favourites though - the way the images extend across the inked spaces into the white & your added shimmery details. Your fineliner outlining of the inked areas is masterful & utterly effective.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  6. All is beautiful, but I LOVE especially the first one!!! :D Gorgeous work Miranda! Merry Christmas to everyone xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. More gorgeous cards Miranda.
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wat een mooie kaarten! Die 1e lekker stoer en de anderen zo mooi CAS! Groetjes, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks ladies for all your nice comments and I wish you all a very merry Christmas and joyful days! xxMiranda

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not a fan of steam punk but I've got to say I like these!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are all beautiful and the WoS highlights give a gorgeous shimmery look. I adore seahorses, and on this card they look so pretty and shimmery and the swirls highlight the edges of the card so well. Gorgeous Miranda! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!