Pin It button on image hover

Tuesday 23 December 2014

Set Sail (posted by Judith)

Hello everyone, this is my final marine themed post for this month. I have really enjoyed working with these stamps, and have lots more ideas for them.

My project this time around uses the large ship image, which I wanted to portray sailing through a forest at the bottom of the ocean. I stamped the images and then embossed some cogs from the Punky Flowers stamp sheet. I coloured the background using Distress Inks, and then stamped a cog fragment from the Steampunk Butterfly stamp set over the top.

I coloured the images with Inktense pencils and added some fronds at the bottom of the page using the legs from the octopus taken from the stamp of the month set. Finally, I added a sentiment taken from the Steampunkery stamp set.

 Thanks for stopping by, Judith xx

8 comments:

  1. You card is lovely with that ship Judith and love the repeat stamping of that border! Great work teamie! xxMiranda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the stamping and the colouring

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your octopus fronds are so effective & I like the way your forest of cogs allows the ship to just nestle in between them. There's a lovely sense of movement created by your subtle colouring around the ship & I love the idea of that cog sky/sea; it could be either….. I don't know why but I'm reminded of Dr Dolittle!
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such fun :) There's been some fabulous ideas shown here for these stamps - thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this underwater world and the colours are so subtle and pretty. So clever how you have made the seabed foliage with the cogs and the squid tentacles. Very inventive design. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colours and it looks as if the wheels on the bottum will help him further...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card-very clever-it looks like that ship is sailing-rolling- across those gears.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!