Pin It button on image hover

Saturday 21 February 2015

Blue and Gold (posted by Judith)

Hello everyone, I have a card to show you today using the Sketchy Doodle Landscape/Flowers Multi-buy stamp set.

I started my card by colouring a piece of smooth watercolour paper using Distress Inks in shades of blue and Lilac. I misted the background with water once I had finished, and left it to dry. I mixed some Acrylic Wax with gold mica powder, and applied it through a Joggles stencil. I then used the same stencil and Distress Ink to complete the background.

I embossed several flowers and some leaves onto different shades of blue vellum, using Versamark and gold embossing powder, before cutting them out. I arranged them onto the background, and stuck them down with adhesive. Finally, I chose a dark blue card to mat the background onto.


Keep checking back for more inspirational projects from my Design team mates over the coming days. Thanks for stopping by, Judith xx

12 comments:

  1. Wow! Die Karte ist großartig und wunderschön in den Farben.

    Herzlichst Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Judith, very elegant.
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, so the trick is vellum. I wondered what was giving the magical look to this card. Love the stencilling too. I have one Joggles stencil and love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful the vellum gives a wonderful look to this card
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the way your deep blue vellum is echoed by your blue cardstock matting, likewise the soft lilac vellum echoes the lilacs in your background. The gold embossing is beautifully smooth & the way the leaves extend beyond the matting perimeters keeps the occupied. Striking the way that the Joggles stencil mimics the stamped flowers - I had to look carefully to see that you'd not stamped the background as well. Thoroughly interesting to see the acrylic wax in use.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the embossing, really makes the card pop.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous Judith using the different blue vellums and it looks lush with the gold embossing. I love the use of the acrylic wax through the stencil in the background as well as those pretty coloured distress inks. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! A very different approach to these flowers than recently seen - shows they work well bright & cheery and more subdued/classical, very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  9. stunning make judith - I adore these flowers xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. They look great together, the blue and gold I mean! Love the playfullness that the light and dark flowers make on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A very delicate and gorgeous card Judith xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!