Pin It button on image hover

Monday 25 May 2015

Sewing Mini Book (by Debbie)

Good morning. I have recently been making wedding invitations for a friends daughter and had many strips of A3 kraft card left over from them. I hate to throw anything away so kept them for future use. Here is a little project I have made using a couple of them.


The covers are 8.5 cm by 11cm and I embossed them with a folder then coloured with Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink. For the inside of the book I folded the strips of card mountain and valley folds so it would concertina when closed. I added Cotton Ribbon which I coloured with inks to the back before I glued the cover on.
 
 
 
To decorate I cut white card pieces smaller and than the kraft card. I had seen the North Star stencil used by a DT member and had to have it in my stash. I used it with different colour inks on each piece of card for a background. The stamps for the decoration I used the Dressmaking Collage Clear stamps and stamped, coloured and cut out.
 
 
 
 
 
The card below was made with inspiration from a workshop I did with Lesley W. I started with a thin strip of card and stamped the crackle stamp from Natural Eggs. The bodice was stamped with Memento black ink and coloured with alcohol pens then trimmed. A couple of die cut leaves were tucked underneath the bodice and fixed onto a die cut circle.
 
 
I hope this post may have inspired to use the little pieces of card that just cannot be thrown away.
 
Thanks for visiting
Debbie

9 comments:

  1. Hi Debbie, I have many small bits of card and paper as I too hate throwing anything away so your makes are great inspiration for using them up. I especially love your card with the border strip idea.
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea for using leftover pieces, love that stencil you used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I can seem to say when I see these beautiful creations is wow . Love that crackle border .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Waste not want not is the phrase I believe, and these two makes are wonderful using your scraps. I particularly love the second one and I have a box full of bits like this so must get to it and use some of them up. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful creations, and using scraps too, love them, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  6. In your first project the inked cotton ribbon is a delightful touch as are your freehand drawn edges to each stencilled panel. The colours you chose for the stencilling complements the kraft card superbly. Your gorgeous CAS final project is my favourite with the colour scheme of that bodice being particularly effective against the white card base. The diet panel provides a super echo to the petals of the bodice's flowers & I love the way the crackle background.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is just beautiful! Full of inspiration xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful book! And such a stunning card! Love the stripe and how you just added enough to meke it so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You made a very pretty book, and your card is amazing, I really love it!!

    Greetings
    Maria

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!