Pin It button on image hover

Tuesday 19 May 2015

Tussie Mussie (posted by Claire)

Good morning, Claire here with a project made using some of this month's new stamps. I've used stamps from Floral Mannequin and The Sewing Room to create a Tussie Mussie.


I've made a tussie mussie by stamping lots of the smaller stamps on cream card. I cut a circle from the cream card and then cut a wedge from the circle (about a third) and used this to create cone shape. I added lots of lace, some ribbon and a pretty tassel. I've filled the tussie mussie with stuffing for soft toys and coved it with some tulle (no sewing involved lol, I just used a little glue).

I stamped the dress form, flower and lacey border on cream card using tea dye and victorian  velvet distress ink before cutting them out and popping them in my tussie mussie.

Thanks for visiting today
Claire xx

8 comments:

  1. Wow this is so pretty and delicate. Have to confess I have never heard of a posy being called a tussie mussie before though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous! tussie mussies seem to be the rage at the moment! hugs Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous make claire, so pretty with all the lace, never heard of a tussie mussie before, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely and pretty. I have to admit I've not heard of a Tussie Mussie before reading this.
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This expression is new too me but whatever it is a lovely posy. I think the lace and the tassel on the bottom finish it so prettily too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun way to use the stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The feminine delicacy of this is delightful & I particularly like your embellishing of the little dress form, the cone itself with the ribbon & lace plus the tulle adds glorious textural tactility.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!