Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday 8 July 2015

Bird On Golden Cage (by Asha)

Good morning, friends! I've been playing with the gorgeous July release stamps and I cannot wait to share my first card project featuring the handsome bird is from the Free As A Bird A5 sheet and the cage is from the A Little Bird Told Me A5 sheet.  I deliberately kept it simple so that the beautiful stamps will steal the show.


Here's how I made this card:

1. Heat emboss the bird cage from A Little Bird Told Me A5 sheet onto black card stock using WOW Embossing Powder Gold Rich.

2. Fussy cut the insides of the bird cage.

3. Stamp the bird from Free As A Bird A5 sheet onto bleed proof paper with Memento Tuxedo Black and colour with alcohol markers in shades of orange and yellow.

4. Fussy cut the bird and adhere on the black card next to the golden cage.

5. Trim the black card to measure 4" x 5-1/2".  Punch out random holes measuring 3/16" around the image.

6. Layer the black card over blue foil paper measuring 4-1/4 " x 5-3/4". Optional extra: stitch with gold metallic thread. Adhere the finished piece onto white card base measuring 4-1/5" x 6".

That's all from me today. Thank you for stopping by and come back soon for more ideas from the rest of the team.

Beijinhos,
Asha

5 comments:

  1. I agree with Crafty Jo, very rich and brings to mind gold thread work on beautiful silk.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always think black makes for a bold statement and your card works so well. I love the blue background in the cage - it sings out and the lovely deep orange tones on the bird are super too. A really lovely and different card and lots of inspiration here. Elaine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been looking back and I don't know how I managed to miss this beautiful card with the bold blue behind the birdcage and echoed in the spots on the black background. So dramatic with the orange and yellow complementary colours on the pretty bird! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!