Pin It button on image hover

Tuesday 10 May 2016

Flowering Baroque Heart Easel Cards (by Anne)


I love this month’s new Flowering Baroque Heart stamp from Chocolate Baroque. I just had to combine it with heart dies from my stash and some die cut flowers that I shaped to co-ordinate with the stamped floral image. I love creating shaped cards so decided on a set of easel cards using a large die cut bloom as a stopper.

I haven’t used my opaque gouache paints in ages so thought I would do something a little different with the colouring and stamp the image onto black card. I love the dramatic effect.


Materials:




How it was done:

  1. I first cut the largest decorative heart, one in teal and one in black. A plain black heart was cut and glued onto the teal decorative heart. The Flowering Baroque Heart was then stamped directly onto the black card using Versamark. The images were then heat embossed with clear powder.
  2. The images were coloured with the gouache paints, using the gold mica paint to colour the stamens. The outer border of the black decorative pearl heart was also coloured with gouache.
  3. I used the plain heart dies to create the card blanks (in blue and teal) and inner black mats. The card was folded in half and the upper edge of the heart die placed so that it extended above and over the fold (cutting through both layers of card). The front panel was then scored horizontally to create the fold back for the easel. The topper was then glued onto the lower half of the front fold back.
  4. The leaves and flowers were cut from thin white card and coloured with alcohol markers. I like using alcohol markers on 3D shaped items as the ink bleeds through colouring both sides of the card at once. They were shaped with a ball tool and embossing mat. 
  5. Fine tipped pens were used to add faux stitching around the hearts. Black PVA pearls were dotted around the pearl heart frame. Glitter glue was applied to the flowers and stamped image for extra sparkle. The flowers were attached using 3D glue gel.


10 comments:

  1. Wow, Anne...these are so beautiful, love the dramatic effect and at first I thought you had embroidered them! Really very beautiful and will sure borrow this idea some day.....xx Miranda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh thank you Miranda. I haven't used my gouache paints in years so thought I would dig them out xxx

      Delete
  2. What stunning cards, very dramatic and beautiful painting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning cards Anne, wonderful colours and design. Thank you for the how to make, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning Easle cards Anne, loving the striking colours xx Zoe xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. These easelcards look great; a perfect way to use this stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How beautiful Anne and the gouache has worked fantastically giving nice opaque and bold colour to the floral heart stamp and the die cut hearts you have placed them on are so intricate and pretty. I also love the die cut flowers as easel stoppers too with lots of gorgeous glitter. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. these are stunning - so very beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a clever design, Anne. And I love the colour variations too.
    xA

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!