Pin It button on image hover

Thursday 11 August 2016

Seashore by Veronica

Our theme this month is summer, which to be honest is really what you would expect!
My first thought was to use some of my favourite poppy stamps, but they have had a lot of use, so I went for seaside.
My first card uses stamps from seashore scenes, and I tried to create a slightly different scene.
The seagull was stamped first using black versafine ink,, then masked with masking tissue and the scene stamped over him - I didn't ink the stamp all the way to the bottom, as I wanted it to be background. The dunes at the front were stamped using the larger sand/grass stamp stamped several times to form foreground dunes.
Dunes and stump were coloured with alcohol markers, bird and everything else with watercolour pencils..
Base card is 15cm square, stamped with the sentiment several times to form a background using a pale brown inkpad. The scene was matted onto black and gold card.


My second card used the something fishy set of stamps, and the main image was stamped in black versafine, then the larger fish image added beside it.
Simply coloured with watercolour pencils, and glossy accent added to the bubbles from the shell.
Base card this time is A6

My teamies have some smashing ideas to show you, so keep checking, you won't be disappointed!

3 comments:

  1. I love seaside themes and this is a beauty Veronica and all the elements put together so prettily. It makes me want to be by the sea right now. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Seaside themes Veronica and your two cards are fabulous, great compositions and colours, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the vibrant colours of your underwater scene :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!