Pin It button on image hover

Monday 9 October 2017

Spooky Dream Journey (by Anne)

This was one of my samples for the recent shows on Hochanda featuring the lovely Fantasy Woodland stamps. I couldn’t help seeing the pattern for half an eye in one of the tree tops, and so couldn’t resist making something a little dark and spooky. I had a bit of fun with this one.


 
Materials:
  • Fantasy Woodland and Birthday Words stamp sets
  • Seasonal Elements and Seasonal Journey stencils, plus a texture stencil for ‘scales’
  • 14cm card blank, black card, white stamping card
  • Ink sprays with mica (teal, copper)
  • Texture pastes: Viva Décor Kristall Gel (Hologram glitter and clear gel) and opaque acrylic texture paste (Pebeo Concrete)
  • Gilding wax (copper gold)
  • Acrylic paint (metallic gold and light metallic teal)
  • Alcohol marker (black)
  • Water based inks (red, yellow, teal green)
  • Inkpads: Versafine (Onyx Black), Distress Ink (Scattered Straw), Versamark
  • WOW heat embossing powder (Clear Gloss)
How it was made:
  1. I spritzed the black card with mica sprays.
  2. Background texture was created by applying clear and glitter gel, plus acrylic paint, through the stencil. When dry I applied gilding wax over the scaly texture.
  3. Lettering was created by applying opaque paste through the stencil. I made a bit of a mess as I got some paste seeping under the stencil. When dry I tidied and sharpened up the letter edging by using a black alcohol marker (mess saved).
  4. The edges were stamped and rubbed over with gold acrylic paint.
  5. The text was stamped with Versafine and trimmed away from the full stamp sentiment. Edged with Distress Ink and applied with 3D glue gel.
  6. The eye was created by stamping the tree top twice (turning the stamp 180 degrees) with Versafine. Note the centre needs to be overlapped slightly to create a circle shape. I then cut out using a circle die and used a black marker to colour around the edge and to draw the pointed pupil shape.
  7. The eye was coloured with water based inks and then heat embossed with clear gloss powder. I added several repeat layers of embossing until I got a smooth shiny glass eye effect. Glue to the card with 3D gel.

6 comments:

  1. This is spookily beautiful Anne and such a clever design, and I adore the colours too. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning piece of artwork Anne, fabulous colours and design, I love it Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love this super unique creation!!! Amazing layout and colors. Thank you for sharing your artwork:)
    Henry

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!