Pin It button on image hover

Thursday 21 December 2017

Flight of the Butterfly by Brenda



Hello Peeps, are you all ready for Christmas, I do hope so as suddenly it is almost upon us ? 

It's my turn to share some more inspiration from Lesley's November shows on Hochada which was all about beautiful Blooms and Butterflies. For my card at the top I used Distress Inks to create a really intense background as a backdrop to the Butteflies from Tangled Garden. Onto the background I stenciled some leaves from Useful Leaves and a corner flourish using texture paste. After stamping with Versafine Black I cut out the three Butterflies and coloured them with sparkle pens, added wire antenna, fixed onto the base and stamped a sentiment from Words of Inspiration.


This is another of my backgrounds that I referred to earlier this month, again using acrylic paints and crackle glaze. The focal bloom is from Lily Fuchsia and Hyacinth multibuy stamped with Versafine Black and also leaves from he same set.  I added a little colour to the flower with pencils and matted and layered onto coordinating cardstock. If you have time to make up some backgrounds as I do, then it makes it really quick and easy to assemble a card.


More oxide inks this time using offcuts which I always keep as I am quite keen on triptych style cards. Using Versafine Black I stamped three different flowers from Lily Fuchsia and Hyacinth multibuy, coloured with pencils and added some cord and a sentiment from Birthday Words .


I used regular Distress Inks to create the shaded background onto with I stenciled some flourishes and then stamped the bloom from Breath of Spring, coloured in with pencils, added a sentiment from Birthday Words, some stickles and ribbon.


Using the Versafine Black and the corner stamps from Lily Fuchsia and Hyacinth multibuy I created a frame onto a piece of Design Paper. Into that I stamped the Lily from the same set, coloured in with pencils, added a sentiment from Birthday Words and some ribbon to finish.

As we are only days away from 'the' day I would like to wish you all a very Happy Christmas and a crafty 2018.

6 comments:

  1. I love butterflies and flowers so these cards are just wonderful. I especially love the elegance of the last card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how you manage to make so many gorgeous cards Brenda, and all so different. I love the bright and pretty butterflies and background, and the crackle looks great on the second. The triptych idea is perfect with the different little flowers, and I love the bold backgound with the stencilling and that fabulous large flower which stands out so well, and then finally the large lily within that cleverly stamped frame, and a wonderful pink ribbon to match the flower, and all coloured so perfectly. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fabulous Brenda! Love the gorgeous backgrounds.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your works are so creative and sweet... and you always stunning me with your talent! Great use of colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are all lovely and those butterflies look ready to take flight, beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful cards Brenda, each design is so beautifully composed and coloured. I especially love the second card, the darker shades are gorgeous, Kate x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!