Pin It button on image hover

Monday 21 May 2018

Spring Bird (by Pat)

Hello everyone, Pat is sharing her second post of the month, a lovely card incorporating one of our Spring Bird stamp sets. 

Pat writes:

Hi everyone.

This is my second card this month and as Spring is now well and truly here I decided to use one of the Spring Bird sets, Spring Bird Crocus, which includes this sweet little bird with a nest full of eggs and fresh green leaves on the branches which really sums up this time of year. I also used two of the leaf stamps from the Autumn Poppy set.

I started the scene using my gelli plate and six different Distress Inks; two blues, two yellow tones and two greens. I covered the plate placing the inks roughly where I wanted them, and spritzed with water, before laying a piece of Velvet card over and getting this nice loose watercolour background. This card is lovely and smooth and takes the water really well. I then stamped the bird, nest and leaves making a frame around the edges, and coloured them using the same colour palette as for the background, apart from a couple of orange toned inks on the bird's head. I then added the sentiment towards the centre using the two blue inks.

I finished by cutting the piece back a little, and mounted it onto white and then blue card before adding this to the 6" square white card.



Thank you for joining me today, and I'll see you again next week.

Best Wishes,

Pat.

4 comments:

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!